These forums have now been archived and will be removed Monday, 16th April, 2018. We now have new and improved forums located here to discuss everything Elvanto.

RSS feed in the sidebar

Just wondering if anyone has succeeded in creating a sidebar which includes an rss feed? I want to use the sidebar as a way of feeding prayer points to our people. I tried, but it only came up with the feed address.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome. Maybe it is something that Elvanto could include as a future feature.

Dean Ingham
Crossroads Christian Church

Posted by dean

Hi Dean,

I'll go in and file it as a feature request for a future update! :)

Posted by hannah.pettett

Hi Dean, I realise that your request was posted more than 2 years ago, but if you still want to show an RSS feed in a sidebar, I managed to get one working using a text sidebar and one of the online RSS to javascript generators -

The method is to use the generator from the link above to convert your RSS feed URL to HTML code. Once you have that, in Elvanto create a new text sidebar, then in the Content box, switch to <source> view, and paste in the generated HTML from the link above. This online generator is the only one that I have found to work, after testing many online which use Javascript, IFrames, etc.

Hope this is useful!