These forums have now been archived and will be removed Monday, 16th April, 2018. We now have new and improved forums located here to discuss everything Elvanto.

Autofocus on search bar in self-checkin

When using the self-checkin feature with a touchscreen monitor, the user has to "click" in the search bar before typing. If there was an "autofocus="autofocus"" tag in the "input="search" element, the cursor would automatically go there and make the process a little more user friendly.

with focus.png
(58.4 KB)

1 person likes this idea

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the post.

We'll look into this and see what improvements it does make.

I believe certain browsers don't like that particular HTML tag, but we'll see what we can find.

Cool! I tested it in firefox, safari, and chrome with no trouble. Don't know about IE (boo!) or edge (boo!).

Hi Jeremy

Can I please get some specs about the device that you're using, and what settings you choose to open the Self Check-in window?

Is this using an on-screen keyboard to do the typing, or using a physical keyboard attached to the touchscreen?

Windows PC running Firefox. Using self checkin with alphanumeric on screen keyboard. We're working on using the keyboard in conjunction with a Barcode scanner. If you type using the onscreen keyboard, it will automatically type in the search box, but using the scanner requires a tap in the search box before scanning.

Thanks for that.

We've made some changes and you should see this  live soon.