These forums have now been archived and will be removed Monday, 16th April, 2018. We now have new and improved forums located here to discuss everything Elvanto.

Add Totals Per Account to Transaction Report

We offer a direct deposit option handled directly between our church account and that of the giver, no third party involvement.

In order to get those transactions into our financials, I add all the transactions in a .csv file and import them into a new batch.

Inside the batch, each transaction has the correct date.  The problem is when it comes to reporting YTD.  If I put the batch date at the beginning of the year, things look too good, as all the direct deposit values for the whole year are showing on the reports.  If I put the batch date at the end of the year, all the direct transactions are missing from the reports until the end of the year.

If I use the transaction report, the numbers at the bottom are correct, but there is no way to hide the details and provide a total.  I'd like to have  a report that gives an accurate snapshot of YTD giving.

Is there a way that the Batch report with a custom date filter could read from the transaction date rather than the batch date?

Is there a way that the Transaction Report could have a Totals Per Account option like the batch report?

1 Comment

We may look into an option for this in the future, but for now I recommend only putting transactions into a batch that has the same date as the transaction.